This chicken curry pineapple recipe from Thailand uses dry roasted spices and fresh ingredients to make an aromatic curry paste. You may make the curry paste from scratch or simply used ready-made curry paste like Mae Ploy, Mae Sri or Nittaya brand. Refrigerate any leftover paste in a zip lock bag. It will keep for at least a month.
- Food processor
- Tea spoon (tsp)
- Cutting board
- Pan or Pot
- Cooking spoon
Red Thai Curry Paste (Krung Kaeng Phed)
- In separate cutting boards dice the pineapple and chicken into thick bite size pieces.
- In a large pan or wok warm up oil, then add the chicken and cook all the way through.
- Add the ginger and garlic, cook for a few minutes then add the curry paste stir to combine with chicken.
- Add the chicken broth, sugar, turmeric, bamboo shoots and fish sauce. Add this point you can also add the extra chili pepper if your using it. Under medium heat cover and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk and stir, next add the cherry tomatoes and pineapple, cook for another 5-8 minutes at which point the tomatoes should be soft. (The coconut milk is added toward the end to prevent curdling.)
- When serving you can add a couple of fresh basil or cilantro leaves for decoration. Serve with steamed white rice. Makes great leftovers, that’s if you have any left.