- Lemon grass
- Chili (Up to you)
- Galangal (Thai ginger)
- Kaffir lime leaf
- Coconut milk
- Prepare herb ingredients by cutting them into big pieces (only for flavor)
- In a medium saucepan, combine coconut milk, garlic, shallot, turmeric, galangal, lemon grass and Kaffir lime leaf and bring to boil over high heat.
- Add chicken, sugar, salt and chili.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 10 – 20 minutes, until chicken is firm and the aroma of the herbs is fairly strong.
- Once the chicken is cooked through and the soup is seasoned as you like, serve with hot jasmine rice and … enjoy!
- If you are not able to find fresh lemon grass, and galangal in your area, you can use them as powder.
- If you are not able to find fresh kaffir lime leaves, you don’t have to use it – nothing tastes the same as kaffir lime leaves.
check out our other cooking